1. The number of houses for sale in Redding has remained fairly constant. However, the prices have been quite dynamic. As you may already know, we have experienced severe price drops in the Redding Real Estate market over the last couple of years. Couple this with historically low interest rates and you have a great formula to lock in the security of your financial future.
2. Now is a great time to be your own landlord. You won’t have to worry about rent increases or the whim of the landlord deciding to sell their house next spring.
3. Your home mortgage is like a forced savings plan. If you obtain a 30 year mortgage and decide to pay off your home in 15 years you’ll own quite a large asset. How does this compare to your 401K?
4. If you have school age children you won’t have to worry about moving out of the district when or if the landlord raises the rent or sells the house.
5. Last but not least, some of the nicest neighborhoods in Redding have a high percentage of homeownership. When people own their home they tend to take pride in their home and neighborhood.
One of the best ways to find a great price on a home of your dreams is to watch the new real estate listings. We have set up a Daily Hot Sheet where you can do just that. We update the Daily Hot Sheet with all of the Shasta County homes listed for sale within the last 24-hours. The housing list is updated daily. The list is not sorted by price or location; you see every new listing posted by all Realtors® in Shasta County.
We also have our free Listing Alert Service. Our Listing Alert Service uses your search criteria such as price, location, square footage, bedroom and bath count to scan and automatically email you every new listing which matches your search criteria. Our Listing Alert Services scours all of the listings in the Shasta County MLS and then emails you when it finds a direct match. Our Listing Alert Service is running 24/7 so you never know when that perfect house will pop-up in your email inbox. You may also choose to be notified by fax, Instant Messenger, VoiceAlert or a plain text message.