Automated change of address on-line here. You can change your residence or mailing address for your California Driver License, Identification Card, vehicle, or vessel. A new driver license, identification card or registration card is not issued when changing your address. Temporary mailing addresses are not allowed.
You cannot use the change of address form if you:
* Do not have a California Driver License and/or California Identification Card
* Do not have a Social Security Number
* Have a Commercial Driver License (CDL) issued by California and your residence address is in another state
* Have an Army Post Office or Fleet Post Office address
* Have an address outside of the United States
If any of the above applies to you, please complete a Change of Address (DMV14) form and mail it to the address listed on the form. A change of address does not require an in-person visit to a DMV office.
For more information, please refer to the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions).